Circuit Clerk

Virginia Sine, Circuit Clerk

The Circuit Clerk of Berkeley County is responsible for recording and maintaining all Circuit Court records concerning the following:

  • Civil Cases
  • Juvenile Cases
  • Divorce Cases
  • Home Confinement Payments
  • Restitution Payments
  • Candidate Filing
  • Court Appointment to Criminal Cases
  • Mental Hygiene on call 7 days / week / 24 hrs / day
  • Criminal Cases
  •  ---  Magistrate Appeals Civil and Criminal
  •  ---  Felonies
  • Jury Duty
  • Foreign Support Cases
  • Custody and Child Support Cases
  • Guardianships
  • Adoptions
  • Name Changes
  • Infant Settlement
  • Supreme Court Appeals
  • Elections
  • Forfeiture
  • Civil Appeals

Contact Us

PHONE: (304) 264 - 1918
ADDRESS: 380 West South Street; Martinsburg, WV 25401

Please do not contact the Circuit Clerks Office by phone for information regarding your divorce. No information will be given out. You must come in person with your drivers license to obtain that information. If you cannot come in person, you must send a notarized letter of authorization including a notarized copy of your drivers license. No information will be given out over the phone on mental hygiene, guardian & conservatorship, or juvenile cases. You must contact the Prosecuting Attorney's Office for all information on juvenile cases. Our office does not handle criminal checks. You will need to contact C.I.B. in Charleston, West Virginia at (304) 746-2177. No Civil checks will be processed over the phone, You must come in person.